Tulips at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie.
Meet Mary, a Poughkeepsie native. Step inside her Poughkeepsie, New York state of mind.
The best resources for learning about Poughkeepsie
Your go-to locale for…
- Coffee: Starbucks across from Marist College [for a] double tall soy latte.
- A sandwich: Rossi’s Deli: Roast Beef Panini with roasted red peppers and herb mayo.
- A night out with friends: The Brown Derby for drinks and pizza and appetizers.
- Date night: The Beech Tree [for] hanger steak or any special the Chef, Amerci, is cooking for the night.
- A glass of wine or cocktail: Crew for craft beers or red sangria.
- Dessert: Apple Pie Bakery for [a] slice of apple pie at the Culinary [Institute of America]. Or Babycakes for [a] red velvet cupcake.
The hotel you always book or recommend to friends, and why:
The ONE thing visitors must see or do, and why:
Your favorite hidden (or not so anymore) gem, and why:
Number of hours or days required in town for the “full” experience:
The town is great for what type of visitor:
Those who (are):
- EPICURATE (the foodie)
- RECREATE (the adventure-seekers and fitness gurus)
- Other: History Buffs, to check out Hyde Park and the nearby historical estates.
The town is best explored by:
The town is best explored in: