Meet Joanne, a Glens Falls native. Step inside her Glens Falls, New York state of mind.
The best resource(s) for learning about Glens Falls:
Your go-to locale for…
- Coffee: Iced Tea at Rock Hill Bake House.
- A sandwich: Breakfast Sandwich at Rock Hill Bake House.
- A night out with friends: Davidson Brothers [Brewing Company]: Stoli Vanilla with Club Soda [and] Chopped Salad. [Sitting] on the patio on a Thursday night listening to Tim Wechgelaer.
- Date night: Bistro Tallulah [for the] Suckling Pig.
- A glass of wine or cocktail: Double Baked Chicken Wings with Peanut Dipping Sauce [and a] glass of Sauvignon Blanc at DownTown City Tavern.
- Dessert: Not really a dessert eater, so after dinner I like a cigar at Queensbury Cigar and Pipe.
The hotel you always book or recommend to friends, and why:
The Queensbury [Hotel and Conference Center]. It’s in the heart of the city, quaint, clean and reasonably priced.
The ONE thing visitors must see or do, and why:
The Hyde Collection. It is a world-class museum that is currently featuring an exhibit of the works of Georgia O’Keeffe.
Your favorite hidden (or not so anymore) gem, and why:
Number of hours or days required in town for the “full” experience:
The town is great for what type of visitor:
- CURATE (the artsy intelligentsia)
- EPICURATE (the foodie)
The town is best explored by…
The town is best explored in what season?